Newhaven Community Choir – Inspired by the Fishwives’ Choir and initiated by local charity Citizen Curator.
The emphasis is on FUN. Everyone is welcome, young or old: absolutely no singing ability necessary. You’d even be welcome to come to rehearsals just to listen. The main thing is that you come along!
The majority of our songs are traditional folk songs from Newhaven or the seafaring culture of Scotland but we also sing any songs that celebrate community and help bring people together.
So, join us on Wednesday evenings 19:00 to 20:30 – currently hosted in the Anchor Building at Heart Of Newhaven (formerly Victoria Primary School).
- Jed: Singing together is fun! It’s great to be part of such a supportive group
- Jan: Such a great way to meet your neighbours and find good friends
- Lucy: I’m newly arrived in Newhaven and the choir has helped me feel I really belong here
- Dougie: Nothing fishy about us. But we have a great time every time that we meet
- Peter: I heard the choir at the newly resurrected Gala Day. Then a neighbour said “Why not come along?” Now I enjoy rumbling tunefully in the background
- Katty: Having lived here for nearly 18 years, it’s lovely get to know more people in the area and to have the chance to get together and share songs in such a friendly and informal way