Newhaven Community Choir – Inspired by the Fishwives’ Choir and initiated by local charity Citizen Curator.
Newhaven community choir is bringing music and community spirit back to Newhaven where it belongs.
The emphasis is on FUN. Everyone is welcome, young or old: absolutely no singing ability necessary!
So, join us on Tuesday evenings 19:00 to 20:30 – normally hosted at Victoria Primary school, Main Street, Newhaven.
UPDATE:- moving to Wednesday evenings from Feb 3rd till end of May (will update if this changes)
- Jed: Singing together is fun! It’s great to be part of such a supportive group
- Jan: Such a great way to meet your neighbours and find good friends
- Lucy: I’m newly arrived in Newhaven and the choir has helped me feel I really belong here
- Dougie: Nothing fishy about us. But we have a great time every time that we meet
- Peter: I heard the choir at the newly resurrected Gala Day. Then a neighbour said “Why not come along?” Now I enjoy rumbling tunefully in the background
- Katty: Having lived here for nearly 18 years, it’s lovely get to know more people in the area and to have the chance to get together and share songs in such a friendly and informal way